Valley of Flowers is located in Uttarakhand and is well known for spatial alpines & rare Himalayan flora.
Nestled amidst the astounding Himalayas is the famous treks for adventure junkies that is Chandrashila Trek with Chopta- Tungnath which acts as the gateway to the vibrant colours in the Himalayas. It is a favourite trekking route for all kinds of travelers as well especially in summer when the entire region will be filled with rhododendron flowers and of course when the whole region would be blanketed by spine chilling snow cover in winter.
The unwinding trails to Chandrashila via Chopta and Tungnath will show you the major peaks of Western and Eastern Uttarakhand and they are the tallest ones in the region. As every trekker has shared his experience about watching the peaks from the top of Chandrashila summit, it is a blessed feeling. Mainly Chandrashila trek goes through the enchanting Deorital Lake and then to a stunning valley and peaks proceeding to the vast forest greenery with high chances to spot many rare birds and wild species.
Day 1 -
- Drive from Haridwar to Sari (6 Hours), Trek from Sari to Deoriatal (2,438m)
- Your arrival in Haridwar will be followed by a drive to Sari along the holy Ganges and Alaknanda rivers. On the way to Sari, you can also have the glimpses of the sacred towns like Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Arriving in Sari, get prepared for a steady yet enthralling trek to Deorital Lake.
- A picture-perfect destination for nature photography, you can also witness the magical views of the sunset from the Chaukhamba Peak during this tour. Also, during this time, the lake offers the most stunning views when the golden rays of the sun strikes its surface.
Day 2 -
- 6-7 Hours Trek, Mysterious Forests, Himalayan Range
- Waking up today morning, you will be trekking through the lush and scenic patches of pine, oaks and rhododendron forests. Stunning views of the mighty Himalayan Range and evergreen forests will keep you soaked with excitement all throughout the trek. Trekking in this region is a unique experience as the forests in this vicinity changes their colour according to the variations in temperature. The day's trek will wind up as you arrive in Chopta (3,000m).
Day 3 -
- Trek from Chopta – Tungnath (3400m) – Chandrashila Peak (3600m) - Chopta
- A short, yet scenic trek, today's hike will take you to the holy Tungnath Temple. An ideal place to seek mental peace, this temple is popular among the locals and trekkers as well. Moving further from the temple; after a short break, you will be experiencing Chandrashila Summit trek that attains a towering height of 3,600m.
- Enjoy some of the most stunning and panoramic views of the Kedar, Chaukhamba and other nearby peaks before trekking back to Chopta. While in this region, you can also witness the rare and endangered golden breasted eagles.
Day 4 -
- Drive from Chopta to Haridwar (200km/7 Hours)
- Today morning, an exciting drive through the scenic passes and terrains of Chopta will take you back to Haridwar. On arrival in Haridwar, this amazing Chandrashila trekking tour will come to an end.
Things To Carry :
Chopta is, in all its essence, the base camp for the Tungnath – Chandrashila trek. Hence, there is only handful of budget accommodation options available. However, few resorts are available in and around Chopta. Another option is to find place to stay at Rudraprayag which is only 23 kms apart or Ukhimath which is only 17 kms afar. One can also bring their own tents to stay at Chopta.
Being a small hamlet, Chopta doesn’t offer many dining options. However, the place is does have some local eateries and roadside food stalls (dhabas) that offer some of the popular North Indian and Chinese dishes. Although, some resorts may have in-house restaurants that serve all kinds of delectable cuisines.